Camber Corporation’s Radar Toolkit® provides the most comprehensive real-time Weather Radar Simulation (WXRS) available today. Realistic growth and decay of weather is simulated by the WXRS processor unit, with weather movement based on wind directions and velocities defined by the host computer. A comprehensive weather database editor allows the creation and modification of weather patterns, formations and scenarios. The effects of both weather return and attenuation are included in the simulation of the weather radar system; Camber’s storm scenarios have been certified for use in FAA certified trainers.
Quick Development with Proven Solutions
Stand-alone, realistic, color weather radar simulation with forward-looking windshear detection for aircrew training is provided at low cost and low risk with the Camber WXRS.
Using only commercially available off-the-shelf hard- ware, the Camber system operates on VMEbus or PCIbus multiprocessor architecture to perform its own weather and simulation processing, thus adding no burden to the flight simulation host computer.
Equally ideal for upgrading existing flight simulators or for customizing new simulators, the WXRS is inexpensive to purchase and maintain.
Dynamic & Interactive
Weather simulation outputs to the host computer allow generation of a full range of cues and correlation of the weather radar display with the simulator's visual system.
The WXRS interfaces directly with the display devices for realistic aircrew control of radar functions and displays. The system adheres to the ARINC- 453 protocol.
Realistic growth and decay of weather patterns is simulated by the WXRS processor unit, with weather movement based on wind directions and velocities defined by the host computer. A comprehensive weather database editor allows the creation and modification of weather patterns, formations, and scenarios.
● True antenna azimuth, elevation pointing angles, and antenna stabilization limits are simulated by the WXRS.
● Aircrew display functional controls include on- off, transceiver select, tilt, range, gain, ground clutter suppression, stabilization, and mode select.
● Standard configuration supports two display channels, with optional drive available for a third display. Simulation of dual redundant R/T is available in all configurations.
● Optional direct interface with weather radar con- trols is available, bypassing host computer interface.
● Off-the-shelf system allows rapid delivery within 30-90 days.